- LASER MARKING
Laser Marking by Zenna Laser Solutions
Laser Marking, also often referred to as laser engraving or etching, is a laser technique to make a permanent mark on material. The marks are often product names, logos, grids, batch numbers or arrows. It is a contact-free process that offers high quality results on an extensive range of materials, such as (coated) metals, plastics and natural materials.
Laser marking gains popularity with the insulation wool producers, as the advantages versus „hot wheel“, press and ink-jet marking are significant:
- High reliability, no moving parts and nozzles in a dusty environment.
- Time stamp or batch code for traceability and counterfeiting.
- Change-over in less than a second without stopping.
- Instant switching between active marking and standby.
- No heating-up delays and idle time burning cost.
- Logo drawings and designs in local database, activated by central control.
For mineral wool and other wide web materials, produced in continuous mode, Zenna developed laser marking systems since 2006 and gained much experience in non-conventional applications.
The ZennaLaser marking systems are available in three versions:
- FullWidth Marker, for flexible marking anywhere up to 2.6 meters width.
- BannerMarker, for intense marking on dedicated lanes.
- Bottom BannerMarker, for marking the bottom side of material.
Depending on the line speed, required contrast and quantity of characters, the ZennaLaser Marking systems can be configured with single- or double lasers, multiple parallel lasers or a combination of top- and bottom marking.